Tuesday, August 24, 2010

FML

Recently a bunch of my friends stumbled upon this website called fmylife.com.

There are tons and tons of incidents in there that'll make the people say "F*** MY LIFE!" and the readers get a good laugh out of it. I'm sure that in every moment, there is someone going through their fml moment.

Here's mine:
My lecturer have a habit of uploading his lecture slides at the very last moment before his lecture starts, like 1 hour before. So I always had to rush to the printers to print the slides before lecture starts.

One day, as usual, I only realised that the slides were uploaded 5minutes before the lecture. So I headed up to the computer labs at level 4 to print them. I was kinda in a rush so I quickly sat down before a computer and logged in. As my right arm reached out for the mouse, it was nowhere to be found! "Grrrr, nevermind, I'll try the next computer", I said to myself.

So I moved on, and this time, the mouse was there. After logging in, I grabbed the mouse in an attempt to open the student drive. But the cursor hardly moved! Only then I realised that it was moving, but one pixel at a time! With no time to waste, I quickly logged off and moved to the next computer. "I couldn't be that unlucky", I thought to myself.

This time, I moved the mouse to make sure that it was functioning, and it was. I hastily typed in my username and password, and waited patiently. After loading for 2 whole minutes, an error message popped out saying that I can't log in! I was on the verge of insanity already!

Frustrated as I was, I was determined to print the slides. So I picked the one in which a student just left. Surely this time, the computer would be fully functioning, and it was. I quickly scrolled through to find the right slides and sent them to the lab printer.

By then, I was already 10minutes late for the lecture. So I logged off and hurried to collect my printouts. As I stared at the printer, I said to myself "FML!" and went straight to class without any notes. The printer was out of ink!