Sunday, December 2, 2007

An Elephant with a Broken Trunk

Elephants depend greatly on their trunks, without it, they can't eat, drink, or even bath! Yes, I am now, like an elephant with a broken trunk. Fortunately, I have 2 hands, that means one is still functioning, doing double the work.

Now I know how the disabled do their daily activities, even if it is only temporary.

Imagine:
1) Bandaging one hand with the other hand.
Quite difficult at the beginning but after that it's not that hard.

2) Washing dishes with one hand.
I was trying hard not to wet the bandaged hand.

3) Bathing with one hand.
A certain part of my body will always remain without soap.

4) Changing your clothes with one hand.
I had to change four times today to attend two wedding functions.

5) Eating with one hand.
Normally, its not difficult but they do serve prawns and chicken at the weddings.

6) Driving with one hand.
Yes I know it is dangerous, but my father was drunk so I had no choice.

7) Typing this blog with one hand.
Time consuming and full of mistakes.

So far this is all I could remember.
Tomorrow is my last STPM paper, Physics Paper 2.

But the BIG QUESTION is,

WHICH HAND???

F.Y.I. I'm right-handed.

Scenario 1:
It was my right hand that got injured during futsal and now my wrist hurts, A LOT. I bandaged my wrist to restrict its movement. Now, I can't even lift a pen let alone write. I will attend tomorrow's paper but I will be marked under the disabled category. I doubt I'll be able to complete tomorrow's paper and fail the subject.

Scenario 2:
It was my left hand. I can still write and pass my Physics.

So which hand is it??

Those taking the Physics Paper will find out tomorrow.
As for the rest, what do you think?