Sunday, December 16, 2007

Graduation Ball 2007 (photos added)

***Updated with photos***
The day has finally come... The last time I'll see my friends as a student of SMKSAS.

The ball was on Thursday, Dec 13. The time stated on the ticket was 6.15pm but Ken Chong said he was coming to my house at 6.30pm. *cough*Malaysian timing*cough* When they arrived, I was busy putting on my tie, I had to tie it to absolute perfection. Sorry but that's just me. =Þ

Then Ken Chong came up to my parents' bedroom to try on my father's cot. I already got permission and he could pick any cot he liked. Most of my father's cot were either not matching with his pink shirt or too big/small. So he just picked a black one that fits him best and we were on our way! But first, we had to fetch Chung Kent. We were already quite late and there was a traffic jam near his place! Argh... *frustrated*

Even after fetching Chung Kent, he led us to the wrong longer road to reach the hotel.

So, late go + traffic jam + long way = Super Late!!

We were in such a hurry that we even messed up our look a little. So, when we arrived at around 7.40pm, we took a quick visit to the toilet and made that "so-stylish" entrance. Fortunately, the ball had not started yet. Knowing us, seniors, they probably set the time early so we'll arrive on time. XD

Time: 8.00pm
Venue: Royal Bintang Hotel
Occasion: Les Memoires De Notres Voyage
(which means The Memories of Our Voyage)

The ball started off with a speech from Kai Ying followed by Kar Fai as the ex-president of the Form 6 Society. Then it was dinner time! For starters, I took a bowl of soup and 2 buns since there was a long queue for the food. After I was done, I had the buffet area all to myself. =D

When most of us finished our food the performances started...

A couple from BU4 danced the Waltz followed by dance performances by 3 girls. Of course, there was also a time slot for dancing! The guys were free to invite the girls to dance but most of them without a girlfriend were just too shy.

Yes, I said "them", meaning me not included. XD I danced okay!? Apart from those catchy tunes and crazy dance moves, I was scouting around for a partner. Then, I saw an old friend who wasn't too happy that night. So I asked her to danced. I even taught her some moves I learned from Lee Quin previously! Thanks Quin! During the dance I cheered her up a little. At least she wouldn't have wasted her RM88 and not to mention that beautiful dress of hers.
P.S. She's not my girlfriend.

After the dance I felt a little hungry so I went for second round! XD
No worries, it was only fruits. =)

After another dance performance by the 3 girls, it was Shon's turn to light up the night with his magic tricks. First was the blindfold trick where he wrapped his whole face with aluminium foil. He asked Jason to hold a balloon then took out a razor sharp blade. He almost poked Jason by accident. (well actually on purpose) Then Jason chickened-out and let go of the balloon! XD Next, he chopped the wooden board Tysern was holding. I'm not sure why he asked Eunice to hold a handkerchief then just took it just like that, but overall it was a nice trick.

After a levitation trick or two, he played a video entitled "Bad Magic Tricks". It showed how magicians did the trick where the magician was to slam his hand over 4 paper cups 1 at a time with a nail until one of them and failed!! Meaning? They punctured their own hand!! OMG!! The worst one yet was the magician who used the one of the audience's hand instead of his own and spiked her!! He's SHIT I tell you!!

While everyone was still shaken by the video, Shon's next trick was the same one he advertised. First, he took out a wooden block with a nail attached to it vertically and proved that it was real. Then he called a volunteer up to the stage, which happens to be Wai Yi. He places 4 paper bags on the table. One of them contains the nail. Then he asked Wai Yi to shuffle them. Wai Yi was as nervous as the crowd so she didn't shuffle them too much. So, Shon insisted that she shuffle it again.

After that, Shon asks which bag she likes, with choices of one to four. Wai Yi picks the one without the nail (obviously on purpose) and Shon bravely slams his hand onto the bag. After picking out 2 bags, there was 2 left. That means there's a 50-50 chance that he'll either get terribly hurt or succeed in his trick. There was a lot of suspense before he asked Wai Yi to pick the last bag. Wai Yi obviously doesn't want him to get hurt.

Shon then asked her to pick her favourite number from one to ten. She picks seven. Shon then puts his hand above one of the bags then counts slowly from one to seven as he shifts his hand from one bag to another. When he reaches seven, he immediately slams his hand onto the chosen bag!! Everyone was very tensed at the moment. But when everyone knew Shon was okay, we clapped so hard that it sounded more spectacular than a David Copperfield trick!! XD

After Shon's life-staking performance, Yie Hahn played a video clip just for us, Upper Sixes. I'll let the video do the talking okay?



After the slideshow, the ball officially ended.
We were allowed to take photos.
I'll let the photos do the talking now =)

From Left: Yee Han, Jiaqi, Me, Lavania, Vitya (Prom Queen)

Me and Hui Ling

Kelvin and me

Wai Kidd: Eh, why so short?
Kelvin Ng: Cheh! I'll grow taller =)

Standing (From left): Kwee Huey and Pik Yuen
Seated (From left): Raja, Vitya, Yee Han, Lavania, Jiaqi, Debbie, Yu Ting, Hui Ling, Kar Khay

Group Photo!! =D
P.S. I still have a lot more photos but they're currently with Patrick =p

Then we moved on to the Laundry Bar at The Curve. I don't know why, but after arranging the tables just to fit all of us, we got up again and moved to a corner to discuss where to go. After a long discussion, we finally decided to go to McDonald's at Centrepoint. When we arrived, there wasn't enough space to fit all 20+ of us since the upper floor was closed. So we moved on to a mamak called Banana Leaf also in Centrepoint and settled down there. Imagine everyone in their best dress, especially the girls, having their drinks at a mamak. How awkward!! XD

Hui Ling: *referring to Ken Chong and me* You guys are so cute!
David: *the couldn't-believe-his-eyes look* They? Cute?!
Lolz...

After chatting for a while, the guys decided to go to Blitzone to game. I went off first with David to pick up Thong Siang while the others went there later. At round 4-5am, everything ended and we all went home. =)

Side Note: My deepest apologies to Hui Ling for *you know what*.