Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Espresso: You failed me

Short Talk: I bought a new Digital Camera bag and the strap that came with it don't seem to fit...


Shortly after classes began, I started to rely on espresso to keep me awake. But today it finally failed me. I slept throughout the 1-hour lecture and only woke up when the next lecturer entered.

Photobucket


This was how it began:

Yesterday was St.Patrick's day (duno celebrate what) and we had a BBQ dinner at the courtyard. After the dinner, the gang decided to go drink at St. John's Bar in the campus centre! That's really the first time we went out, JUST TO DRINK! =p


So we walked about 15 minutes to the campus centre despite the chilly weather and piercing cold winds. When we arrived, the bar was packed with students and there was hardly enough space to walk. Consequently, it took us at least 10minutes before it was our turn to buy beer.


At first, it was just drinking and chatting so we all felt a little bored. On top of that, Jia Chen forgot to bring his deck of poker cards. Then Daryl asked me "eh got any drinking games to play ah?". At first I didn't know any games that don't require a deck of cards.


But like a sudden flash, I remembered the game I played in OBS (OutwardBound School) called "Big fish, small fish". The loser had to finish a cup of water placed at the center of the circle. So we simply applied that game to beer! =D


After numerous rounds, we finally finished all our beer. We were talking about going back. Yes, we were 'just talking' because everyone seemed reluctant to leave. So Daryl took the initiative to buy us a second round of beer! And here we go again! =D


Oops, I was supposed to be talking about coffee right? Sorry got kinda excited when it comes to drinking. =p

*Skips drinking session*

So... We walked back to the Halls at around 10pm coz everyone needed to study. That includes me! After I bathed I started working on my programming questions for the next day, which is today, coz I wanted to follow the gang to Chadstone at 4pm.


My class ends at 4pm but if I get everything done at home, I could go there just to do the completion quiz and leave. Only 3 questions, 2 of them were relatively easy because we need not write a program from scratch. For the last one, it took me all night and I only completed half the question!! So I slept at around 3am.


The next morning, I had to wake up at 7.30am for my 9am lecture. But I snoozed my alarm clock till 8am before I finally woke up!!
Read: I'm too smart to be waken up by your average alarm clock.

It takes me 10-15minutes to walk to campus but I usually get ready 30minutes before classes start. So I took a quick shower and head to the kitchen for breakfast. There was no time for me to eat let alone make my espresso. I rushed to the campus and managed to be 10minutes ahead so I bought a cup of espresso from the campus centre.


Thinking that it was enough to keep me awake despite having less than 5 hours of sleep, I attended my analogue electronics lecture. The subject itself was interesting to me, and the lecturer was not monotonous nor did he make the content sound dry.

YET!! I managed to sleep through the ENTIRE lecture!!

Amazing... Yes I'm amazed too! How did all these positive factors still generate a negative outcome?? Sometimes I wonder how my body works... Sometimes it's 12degrees and I'm still good without a jacket, sometimes it's 18degrees yet I'll be shivering with my jacket on.

But one thing's for sure, I'll never be able to control the bad habit I have for sleeping in lectures... Not even the thickest coffee can keep me awake anymore... I wonder if I could stay awake longer if I ate the coffee... Lol... =p


Enjoy!! =D