Sunday, March 8, 2009

Underwear thieves!!

As the title states, someone actually stole my underwear!!


And this all happened a week ago on Sunday when I was doing my laundry...


It was a Sunday and I got left out because all my 'friends' went to the city without telling me a thing. So since I had nothing better to do on that Sunday afternoon, I did my laundry.


After washing, I put it in the dryer and set the timer to 150minutes. (Trust me anything below that won't do the job) Then I went about doing my own stuff until I forgot about my laundry.


After about 4 hours of putting my laundry to dry, I noticed that someone took my clothes out from the dryer and placed it on the rack. And my clothes wasn't even dried yet... So out of frustration, I took out the person's clothes out of the dryer and placed mine in again. And I left it there until I remembered it again at around 1am. (I know I'm very forgetful, thank you)


This time, it was completely dried and the sleepy me collected it and put it in my room while I went down to the common room to watch Man U vs Tottenham. While watching, I was so tired that I gradually fell asleep on the chair. So I went back up to my room after half-time ended.


On the next morning, it was the first day of classes and I had to fold my clothes before preparing to attend lecture. While doing that, I realised that all my underwear went MISSING!! I searched my laundry and found only one pair of underwear left out of the five that I washed. The weird thing is... My underwear was the ONLY thing that went missing!! All my clothes were still there!!


I tried to stay calm and thought about how it could've gone missing. I searched the laundry room, through every washing machine and dryer, but there was no sign of my underwear anywhere. I even searched my room and wardrobe for the possibility that I forgot to put them in the laundry. But I still couldn't find them.


I kept this incident to myself for a few days hoping that someone mistakenly took my underwear and would return it soon. I was hoping and praying hard, while searching the laundry room every single day.


Finally, a few days had passed and my underwear had not appeared yet. So I had to reveal this embarassing secret as I ask my floormates if they had seen my underwear. I couldn't care less about the shame as long as I got my underwear back. Still, I had to live with all the laughter and jokes yet I am unable to locate my underwear, which puts me at a double loss.


At this point, I had to assume that they are lost (or stolen) and I had to get new ones.


On Friday, I went shopping at Glen Waverley for some groceries and also my underwear. Luckily for me, I found the 3pack underwear which was on promotion and spent a little less on what I could've avoided by just being a little more mindful.


My mum always says "Be mindful, say in your mind, I'm washing my clothes now, I'm putting it in the dryer now, I'm drying my clothes now, another 20 more minutes and I have to collect them."


I always try, but I don't always succeed. My forgetfulness probably arose because most of the time, I don't really think when I do something. The action somehow got through without any processing using the brain. You may say that this is absent-minded, but surprisingly I can do pretty conplicated stuff without thinking...


For instance, while watching a movie at home, I felt the need to munch on something. So I cycled out to the petrol station to grab a packet of chips. Then I came back home and continued watching my movie while eating my chips.

At the end of the movie, I don't remember myself buying any chips, so I thought I had eaten my sister's chips. Eventually, I bought another packet to replace the one I had eaten. At the end of the day, I only remember the incident when my sister insisted that she had already eaten her packet of chips.


I really have to get rid of this habit while in Australia because I have no one to depend on but myself. Apart from my underwear, I had already lost a roll of toilet paper, my table cloth and I almost lost my watch at the beach too.


I hope I can be more mindful for the days to come, or there will be lots more that I will lose.


Till then,
Enjoy!! =D