Saturday, September 19, 2009

Juwita Concert

I just came back from the Juwita Suwito concert and I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Photobucket

I've only recently heard about her when Tse Han invited me to the event. Then I started listening to her songs and found that her voice is really good!! One of my favourite songs so far is "Breathe Again". But then again, I've only heard 3 of her songs. =p

Tse Han was part of the organising committee as well as playing the violin in the live orchestra. Yes you heard me, a LIVE ORCHESTRA!! My first time seeing an orchestra live!! EVER!!

Photobucket

Alarice Thio was the opening act for the concert and she was quite good as well! With just a guitar, a drum and her voice, it was amazing how good it sounded! Her songs are quite good as well. I particularly liked the one she described to be easy-going and similar to Jason Mraz/Colbie Caillat songs. If I could only remember the title... =/


Photobucket

Apart from my favourite song, Juwita even performed her new single live for the first time, "Stand", which was really good!! She also sang "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus which was absolutely beautiful.

Basically I like her voice which is really powerful and steady. And I wouldn't expect less from the mentor of Malaysian Idol season 1 and 2. Check out her website.

Throughout the concert, I kept trying to concentrate on the singer, thus, practicing my mindfulness. Nevertheless, I can't help noticing the conductor of the live orchestra. In fact, it was more interesting than the singer coz his body movements had more emotion and feeling compared to the singer. LOL

Oh I forgot to mention that I went there with Qi Liang and Wai Wai, then bumped into E-Lyn and Weng Yu there...

Photobucket

Only 1 photo taken before my camera's battery died. T_T


After the concert, we went to Koko Black for some drinks. When I said I haven't tried it before, they all went like "you've been in Melbourne for 7 months now and you haven't tried Koko Black?!" Well yeah, I've heard of it but never actually tried it. Not a big deal to me though.

It was supposed to be better than Max Brenner but when I feel that their Belgian Hot Chocolate was just okay. THEN they tell me that Koko Black is famous for their iced chocolate. Lame =_=

By the time we finished chatting, it was already 11pm and I had a train and a bus to catch. I was supposed to leave at 10.30pm to be safe, but I guess I was enjoying the company of my secondary school friends. I managed to get on the last bus from Huntingdale, which I now know is 12.10am on Saturdays.

Lets all pray I can keep a promise to myself and go for a jog/exercise tomorrow morning...