Friday, September 18, 2009

Nothing much happens...

As most of my loyal readers would have must have noticed, I've been a lazy bum with updates for almost a month now...

The fact is... MY LIFE IS BORING!!

Nothing much happens to me anymore, and there isn't much to talk about.

Well today I went to a bhuddist talk and realised how short my attention span became. I could hardly concentrate on what the nun was talking about and yet she's talking about mindfulness. Which means concentrating on what you're doing when you're doing it. Something that my mum always reminded me about.

I also meditate very much less often now that I'm in Australia since my mum was also the reason I meditate. And now it proves that meditation can actually increase my attention span. By concentrating on my breathing and ignoring my other thoughts, I use it to focus my attention on 1 single thing, my breathe. And that's how I used to train my mind to be mindful.

Nowadays I'm like a zombie, playing DotA till late at night and skipping all my morning lectures sometimes. It's like I'm wide awake but still feel the urge to continue lying on my bed till I fall asleep again and occasionally have a short dream.

Things aren't used to be what it was. But I guess it will soon be when I return to Malaysia. My diet, my activities, my studies... A change of habits would be good, but I don't think I can make that change in such a short period.

For me, it's always been "new environment, new habits". But once I went back to my old environment, all my old habits would return as well.

During the first semester when I came to Australia, I was actually motivated, excited, and very happy to be overseas and living independently. But when I got used to it, it felt a little boring with no siblings to fight with, or parents to nag at you.

So for this semester I'm feeling very very lazy to do anything at all. This would probably be one of the few updates you will see in the coming months. That's unless I decide to change for the better.

Cheers and thanks for reading. =)