Sunday, January 24, 2010

A bad day for futsal

I was going to futsal just like any Friday, and I felt the sudden urge to put on my gloves and save a few shots.


So they shot a few balls, and I caught a few too...

Then I felt over-confident and my left arm ended up in the wrong position at the wrong time then boom! I can't feel my fingers for like 5 seconds...

It was all over. I couldn't play the goalkeeper for the rest of the night.

Then for the rest of the night, I was pressing/rubbing my fingers until I realise the source of pain was my pinky. I kept rubbing it hoping to lessen the bruise but it was painful as ever.

But that was not the worst part yet.

It started to rain... Normally, it wouldn't affect us except for some wet spots in the field.

But this was no normal rain. It was a STORM!! It was like some higher being was pouring barrels of water for 2 hours straight!!

But water was not the only thing coming from the sky. Lightning was striking like nobody's business. And finally, about 30minutes into the match, it hit the the field's fusebox and BAM! BLACKOUT!!

DAMN!! Just when I was starting to warm up... After a while, the power was back on and so the game continued. But just after 10minutes, some stray lightning bolt hit the fusebox again. =_="

They offered for us to switch to another court, and so we moved. Yet again, the power went out. This time, both the fuseboxes were kinda fried, and couldn't stay on for more than 5minutes. We could even smell some burning smell... =/

The power was turned on a few times before we eventually gave up and head to Ming Tian to eat.

Sigh... Talk about a stroke of bad luck... =(