Sunday, June 22, 2008

Decisions

Decisions are a fact of life. No one can avoid decisions.

Hot or cold, big or small, go or don't go, yes or no.

Sometimes decisions aren't as simple as it looks. Even if it only has 2 choices.

YES

or

NO

This came by today and surprisingly, I actually got a headache from thinking too much!!


Photobucket


I was offered my first choice for IPTA!! (Institut Pengajian Tinggi Awam)
Yay?


I was tempted to accept the offer because

1) The fees was extremely cheap. 4 years at UTeM was cheaper than 1 semester in Monash.

2) I didn't expect to get my first choice after what they had given me after my SPM which wasn't even in my top 8 choices. So this was a boost in terms of confidence.

3) I had relatives living close to the university so accommodation and cost of living isn't a problem.


But I was held back because

1) I had already settled in Monash. i.e. paid fees, PTPTN loan approved, first semester done, friends, etc.

2) I had doubts that UTeM could offer me a higher standard of education compared to Monash.

3) In UTeM, they have very strict dress codes!!
(tuck-in, collar shirts, long dark pants, NO JEANS!! And everything that was in secondary school)

4) I already rejected the offer online. I don't think I can change that.

5) If my father was my employer, he emphasizes more on my attitude than my certificate.

6) I'm very afraid that I'll get brain-washed there.



So you see, the reasons to reject the offer is doubled compared to the former.


Therefore,

Photobucket


Before a decision is made, think hard, think long.
After a decision is made, don't ever regret it!!