Tuesday, September 23, 2008

1 word - Hot

Monday was the day Chung Kent officially turned 20.

In case I forget, it's on Sept 22, 11 days after Sept 11. =)

As usual for Kee Peng, he would tag along with Chung Kent's family for his birthday dinner. But this is the first time I celebrated his birthday since knowing him about 2 years ago during our Form 6 days.

Right after coming back from uni, Kee Peng picked me up and we both went to 1 Utama to shop for Chung Kent's birthday gift.

We could either share and buy 1 item or we both buy our own gift. I had no idea what to get him whereas Kee Peng intended to buy him a shirt.

I was thinking of getting him shorts to fit his shirt, but after walking around Jusco and visiting Padini, we headed to *mysterious location* since Kee Peng said the clothes there are cheap and nice.
(I know Chung Kent reads my blog so Kee Peng doesn't want him to know where we bought the shirt)

We scouted around and found many nice and cheap shirts but most of them only had the larger sizes left. Then Kee Peng found this shirt which he thought was so cool, he wanted to buy it for himself. But ended up buying it for Chung Kent.
Kinda like "if you love it, let it go", right? xD

Then we went on to look for wallets as Kee Peng said that Chung Kent needs to replace his old wallet.

Overall, the gifts were more value for its money AND practical for Chung Kent as well. That is, thanks to Kee Peng. =)

After shopping, we went to Chung Kent's house to give him his birthday present and chilled there a little while before his father came home. In the mean time, we had him put on the new shirt and use the new wallet straight away too! =D

As soon as he was back, Chung Kent's father took us to this Thai restaurant near Old Klang Road which is very near Thong Siang's house. Oops, hope Thong Siang doesn't read this =p

We were warned that it was really spicy. Especially their famous Tom Yam soup. In disbelief, Kee Peng drank a big scoop of the soup and it burned him, literally. After seeing his response, I drank some of the soup too, but slowly. I'm surprised that it burned me too!! Yes, it IS that spicy!! =p

Chung Kent mentioned that his first time eating there was with his mum and aunt, whom both loved spicy food. They ordered the same Tom Yam soup, but EXTRA SPICY!! I really can't imagine how it could be spicier than it already is.

Then there was the "otak-otak" dish. Basically it was prawns, squid and fish meat cooked with "otak-otak". It was really good too, not to mention spicy! =p

Kee Peng and I were sweating our butts off throughout the meal. I can't even count the number of iced tea that both of us drank that night! =)

Towards the end of the meal, the soup actually tasted really good. The spicy-ness was actually an enjoyment rather than suffering. They even said that the longer they keep the soup, the spicier it becomes. No wonder they tapao-ed the Tom Yam dish back home. =D

After the meal, Kee Peng said he was really full and his stomach was burning. For me, I was equally full, but my stomach didn't feel that way.

Instead, I felt like something was stuck in my throat. I didn't know what it was, until we stepped out of the car and

*BURRRRRRRPPPPP*

Oops, paiseh =p

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
CHUNG KENT!! =D


Photobucket
OMG! I only have 1 photo of him! xP