Thursday, September 18, 2008

MNP

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
@#$%^&*@#$%#^$%*&@#%
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
OMGWTFBBQ!!

What's wrong you ask? THIS!!
Mobile Number Portability
MNP=change telco without changing number.
e.g.
019-1234567 (Celcom)
can be changed to
019-1234567 (DiGi)

All this while, my 019 number belongs to my mum and it's also a supplementary line. If MNP was possible, I would've done it long ago. But I didn't know it was called MNP in the first place.

I first heard of this from my father last month, August. So I asked a DiGi dealer at Damansara Kim to verify its existence. After all, if anyone were to know, it'd be them, right? WRONG!!

They denied every single possibility of it's existence. So I believed them. I even bought a DiGi prepaid package from them at RM48 just because of the oh-so-nice number. Then, just recently, I converted the line from prepaid to postpaid, which will be activated by this Saturday.

Since I'm now a DiGi customer, I surfed the DiGi website a little and bumped into MNP by chance. Then when I read the dates, I realise that postpaid customers can port (convert) from 15th September onwards, which was last Monday!! And I converted my prepaid to postpaid on Wednesday!! GERAMNYA!!!!

But who to blame but myself for
1) not checking the internet
2) easily believing people's words without verifying them
3) acting too hastily

Now that nasi sudah menjadi bubur, all I can do is continue with my original plan and act as if MNP had never existed.

P/S: I spent around RM80 for my new 016 number instead of the maximum or RM25 if I ported my 019 number... T_T

*BIG SIGH*