Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Goodbye good friend

Yet another friend who's going overseas for further studies...

At least this time, I was actually invited to her farewell... =)

Photobucket Image Hosting
It's Yuhhui =)

When she invited me, she said it was a pot luck party. That means everyone has to bring something right? But she insisted that I don't have to. She didn't even let me come earlier to help...

I tried to carpool with Han Sheng so I could go early to help, but he was busy as a bee.

But on the day itself, I suddenly received an SMS from Yuhhui requesting for extra tables. I secretly said "Yippee!" =p

The party was supposed to start at 7pm. I brought the table there at 6.30pm then looked for something to do. That's when her uncle asked me to help him with the lanterns. =)

We hung the lanterns outside then waited for the sun to set before lighting them. The environment was so nice... =)

One by one, Yuhhui's parents' friends come over. Her friends were mostly late, as expected. =p

They all sat outside, chatted, while waiting for the feast to begin. At around 7.20pm, the party officially started when Yuhhui's mom invited all of us to start eating. =)

OMG all the food was really good!! The sushi was gone the moment it was served!! Also, the cocktail that they made was so tasty that I drank it until I was full. =p

Everyone made new friends that night. So there were plenty to talk about. Most of the night was spent chatting and mingling around.

Then Sharon came by and said it was also a surprise party for Jason whose birthday falls on October 3rd. Everyone stood up, getting ready to "surprise" Jason. Then, out of nowhere, Jason popped up in front of the door.

For one moment, everyone stood still and stared at Jason. To keep it a surprise, I said "since everyone is standing up, let's take some photos!" =D Phew!! And he didn't suspect a thing... =p

So the camwhoring session began... Obviously, Yuhhui couldn't resist the opportunity to camwhore! xD

Here's a photo of me and Yuhhui
Photobucket Image Hosting

After that was the group photos!!
Photobucket Image Hosting

Eventually, this happened:

"Haha.. we all gathered to take a group pic, it was Yuhhui's farewell party, then suddenly Mel, Sharon and Siew Mei brought out a cake singing the birthday song.


Okay la, sing as well, thought it was someone's birthday, tiba-tiba everybody wished my name instead! huh?!?!?!

The rest is history.

Thanks girls for planning this up! It's totally random and surprising. App it."
Quoted from Jason's Facebook.


Does he look surprised to you? =p
Photobucket Image Hosting
But he was definitely happy! =D

The cake is small, but it's no ordinary cake!! It's a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake!! OMG! xP
Photobucket Image Hosting


It was so good, everyone wanted a bite! =p
Photobucket Image Hosting


That includes me!! xD
Photobucket Image Hosting

Then there was an open session where everyone would
1) Intro themselves
2) Tell everyone how they knew Yuhhui
3) Give her some word of advice

I don't really remember what everyone said but they sure sound pretty motivational!! =p

Here's what I said:
"When you're studying, and you can't get something into your head, remember this:
'The more you learn, the more you know, the more you know, the more you forget, the more you forget, the less you learn, so why bother to learn?'
Then, kick back and relax a little, then you'll get it eventually. =)"

I think I remembered Han Sheng saying that this was the first time all the food was finished. But I think what he meant was "almost" finished. We had to play indian poker to clear the leftovers. =p

Photobucket Image Hosting

Basically everyone gets a card and sticks it on his/her own forehead. You can see everyone's card except your own. Then, one by one, we would have to decide if we're in or out. If someone decides to sit out, then he/she would have to eat 1 portion. Then the remaining who are in would compare each others card. The person with the smallest card have to eat the same number of portions as the number of people who were still in!!

Photobucket Image Hosting

I remember there was 1 round, Jason came up with the idea of eating the watermelon WHOLE!! That means including the skin!! =p

I lost 1 round and ended eating that. It wasn't that bad... It tasted like vege... =p

Just when we thought the food was finished, Yuhhui brought out another plate of jelly!! And I think I ate around 20 pieces coz I lost 1 round and in 1 round I sat out. (the penalty for sitting out was 5 pieces)

After the jelly was disposed of, the party kinda ended and everyone headed home... =)

>>>More photos on Yuhhui's blog.<<<


Enjoy!! =D