Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's Winter!! Who killed the heater??

Short Talk: Today's the day before my first exam. I woke up late, went shopping and started blogging here... How productive...


Yesterday was the coldest night I've experienced yet!!

On top of that, I went jogging at 7pm in my shorts!! Lol...

I don't know why I did it but I just felt like doing it... =p

So there I was, wearing a long sleeve shirt inside and a short sleeve on the outside, jogging my way around the campus...

Of course, when Jia Yeng told me her hands went numb after jogging, I reminded myself to wear gloves, and a beanie too! =)

I met Matt as I was passing by the tennis court. He was making his way back from the library I suppose...

So I jogged and I jogged, and I got pretty tired that I had to walk. At that point, I was near the west gate of the campus.

So I thought: "Why not drop by Min-Yi's house for a visit?" =)

And so I did. I tried to drag him to jog together, but the force was strong in him.

After 5 minutes of gruesome negotiation, I only managed to get him to WALK me to OUTSIDE of the west gate. Then he went back to his house. =(

But I did get something else too.
Remember Min-Yi's birthday surprise?

Qi Liang gave us 2 cook books to be shared among us both.

Since that day, both books were kept by him.

But when I dropped by his house, he handed 1 of them to me.
Which was...
"Just 4 Ingredients"!!

I thought it would be easy to prepare the foods in there but they assume that you already have all the basic kitchenware such as a food processor, an oven, etc.

I don't have an ovenproof casserole OR a food processor. =/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I came back to my room after jogging, it was colder than usual. I thought it was because of the weather since it was raining.



It was until I put my legs on the built-in heater while studying, I realised that it was cold!!

So I tried turning the knob back and forth but it didn't work.

I called Jia Yeng and her heater was also dead.
And it was the same for the rest of my floormates.


Luckily I still had my trusty fan heater!!

It kept my room warm enough that I don't need to wear my jacket indoors.
(Yes, the weather is that cold when it rains)

But the MRS (Monash Residential Services) were quite efficient when it comes to maintainence.

This morning I saw a team of plumbers (about 4 of them) walking down the corridor of my floor.

FYI, our heaters run on hot water from the pipes.

That's why they'll never be enough to warm the entire room. Especially mine since it's larger compared to my other floormates.

So far, the heaters are still dead and the weather is still freezingly cold!

I normally use my heater at low heat settings but now I had to switch to high heat just to keep my room above 20°C.


That's about it for the day before exam...

Wish me luck!! =)


Enjoy!! =D