Monday, March 10, 2008

Didn't I tell you? =p

Okay... A lot of people would ask me what I'm doing now and I tell them I'm already studying at Monash University, Sunway Campus. Then they would go: "Oh really?! I thought you were working/chilling." Then I would've said (for the million-th time),
"didn't I tell you?" =P


The thing is, I'm tired of repeating myself so many times that I could puke so I'm blogging about it now =)


I started the orientation at Monash on the 18th of February. It lasted for 1 week and during that week, I got to know more than a dozen new friends. (not to mention the leng lui's =P) It was just like any orientation with talks, tours and refreshments.


My first week of university life then started the following week on the 25th of February. At that time, my timetable was still very messed up since I was late in allocating my classes. I had to make several trips to the engineering office and write in to allocate to certain classes which were full if allocated online.


After going through all the trouble adjusting my timetable to suit my carpool-mate's timetable, I found out that there wasn't any slot for Malaysian Studies!! Since this subject is not under the electives, it didn't show up in the Allocate+ system!!
*Insert bad word here*!!


So I had to go through the whole process of writing in again!! Lucky for me, certain tutorials didn't start until the second week. So I still had time to finalise my timetable. But thanks to Malaysian Studies, my timetable no longer matches with Lit Rong, my afore-mentioned carpool-mate!! (@#$%&*)


To make matters even worse, Malaysian Studies is actually the history subject which I learnt in Form 5 and it is taught by this old man who talks so slow that I thought the "movie" was in slow-motion!


On the other hand, Monash University just shifted into its new campus on September last year. So all the facilities there are better equipped compared to the old campus which was shared with Sunway University.


In addition, they have a very active student body named Monash University Student Association (MUSA). The people in their council are also very sporting, outgoing, active and not to mention very capable individuals.


For example, they organised an Orientation Bash for the fresh batch of students and it turned out to be a big success!!


Firstly, it was completely free-of-charge!! To be able to join interesting activities and enjoy the rest of the day at Sunway Lagoon (all-park ticket) for absolutely no fee at all was great!!


Secondly, we get to make new friends as well as bond with them through team-building activities. In fact, the throughout the day, we had to do everything in a group. So I made a few friends and got pretty close to them. =D


Furthermore, not only was it completely free, but there was a prize money for the winner as well!! And the winner was...



*drumrolls*


My group!! =D

That's RM500 in cash!! XD

However, I had so much fun and made so many friends, that the prize money didn't really matter. On the other hand, since we won, I don't mind keeping it either! =p
(it was split among 11 group members so I don't really get much)


My university life started with a blast at the Orientation Bash, but it didn't end there!! I started meeting, not only new friends, but also friends that I previously knew too!! Most of them were from my secondary school, SMDU. But I did met a few from my previous tuitions, friends of relatives, and even those I met online!! =D


This week is my 3rd week and the homework are kicking in. So I don't really have much time to do other stuff such as chatting online, blogging, watching tv, etc. I have assignments and projects which are due next week and I haven't even started! yet!!


So, I'm sorry to say that I won't be updating as often as before. But who knows? I just might surprise you...









SURPRISE!! XD



Sidenote: STPM results are out tomorrow!! Have to skip important lectures! >.<

(P.S. I used the new Windows Live Writer to write this post, it added so many unnecessary scripts that I had to re-edit it. Sorry if this post looks disoriented)