Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ready, aim, shoot!!

I'm sure everyone agrees that technology is moving at such a fast pace that you'd have to be filthy rich to always keep up with it. A newly released handphone (Nokia or Sony Ericcson) would normally cost RM2000 and above, a new digital camera would cost around RM4000 (may vary) and a high-end computer could easily reach RM5000.

Not only that, but even if you say your handphone/camera/computer is of the latest technology, all of it would be a thing of the past within a year or so. So this is not something you wanna spend on annually. However, getting the latest gadgets ain't really that important. Your priority must always be something that suits your needs. Well it wouldn't be worth it to buy the latest gadgets equipped with the latest features but not using those features that often, right?

To me, its called possession obsession. It basically means that you just want to own it because its new and most people won't have it. But when it comes to practicability, you don't always use it!

Here comes my story... After my family bought our first digital camera, Canon Digital Ixus 300, we were all excited about it, yada yada, but only after a few months, a new model was released. Then I said to my father, "if only we waited a while longer". At that time, the camera cost around RM1800. The price was a little too expensive at that time if you ask me.

Soon, we realise that our camera was getting outdated. Focusing requires too much time and picture quality ain't that great anymore compared to the those of my relatives'. Furthermore, the battery operates as if it is leaking. Only a mere 30 shots or so and the batteries would die. Charging it fully also takes approximately 3 hours. What the heck?! 3 hours for just 30 shots?! Even when my father bought an extra battery after procrastinating for 5 years, it didn't really matter already..

This time, after he returned from a meeting in Las Vegas, he bought a spanking new camera!! One of the latest too, if I'm not wrong. Meet the Sony Cybershot DSC-T2!!


camera
This is a picture I took using the camera itself!

Other than a higher resolution, a better lens and a longer-lasting battery, the other features of this camera that my old digicam didn't have is:
- touch screen (less buttons to worry about! =D)
- face recognition (to focus on faces)
- smile trigger (snaps a photo the moment it detects a smile! =D)
- on-the-spot retouching (don't have to transfer to comp!)
- a painter to write/draw/add stuff to the picture
- a scrapbook display arranged by date of picture taken

The thing is, after using the old camera for 6 years, focusing at a snail's pace, requiring extremely perfect conditions and not being user-friendly enough, this camera really brings tears to my joy! The reason my blog lacked of my own photos was because

1. the old digicam software is bugged, i.e. sometimes crashes the comp and
2. the adapter for my handphone memory card went missing together with the card reader thanks to a certain friend!

But the problem wasn't the card reader, it was the adapter. Without it, I couldn't attach it to the newly-bought card reader without spoiling it. (which was what happened to the old one) Now that I'm fully loaded, I'm ready to shoot whenever I can, wherever I go and not to mention whoever I see!
*hints to my friends*

Look who got shot today!


Photobucket
Guo Zhang a.k.a Zack! =P


hui ling
Hui Ling busy sms-ing away...


mum
My mum trying the smile trigger =D


That's all for now folks! Enjoy! =D