Thursday, March 6, 2008

Which body part runs but doesn't move?

Have you figured it out? If you said the nose, you're right!

My nose was especially hard working today, since it was running all the way from morning till night. Thanks to you (my nose), my day was absolutely awful. How awful?

(I will now refer "you" as my nose)

Well first of all, everytime you leaked, I had to find some way to either stop it or be rid of it. Everytime I swallow your "saliva", my stomach yells: "Can you stop it already? Its disgusting and I'm full here!!" Yet, you continue to leak at his (my stomach) expense.

(I will now refer "him" as my stomach)

To ease him, I had to constantly visit the toilet so you could leak all you want. But just when I thought you were done, but you coughed and leaked again!! I feel so sorry to deposit your saliva to him again. But I promise I will feed him good food later during break time.

I feel like scolding you, beating you, or even chopping you into half!! But I know all of those wouldn't change the fact that I need you.

I knew I couldn't always visit the lavatory just for you, so everytime I visited the toilet, I took a few pieces of tissue paper and kept it in my bag. Then, whenever you leaked, I would use them to wipe your saliva away.

Unfortunately, you leaked so much, that I had used up all the tissue paper that I had stored previously. Curse you!! On the other hand, luck was on my side since my maths lecturer always takes a 5-minutes break during his lecture. I seized the opportunity and went straight to the toilet. This time, I stored more tissue paper.

After the lecture, I moved on to the next lecture but the lecturer wasn't there yet. Again, I took a quick visit to the toilet, deposited all your saliva, and took even more tissue for the hour-long lecture.

During the lecture, I had to sit at least 2 metres away from the nearest person to prevent the bacteria in your saliva from spreading. In addition, I had to hold back when you attempted to cough, which caused your saliva to yet again flow to him. To ease him temporarily, I constantly drank the warm water I filled from the water dispenser.

Surely enough, I dashed to the cafeteria right after the lecture to get some good food for him. The first thing that came to mind was the fresh hot noodle soup. I wanted the the noodles to be 100% bihun. But I only saw either 100% yellow noodle or 50/50.

However, due to a misunderstanding between the caterer and the person before me, I got the 100% bihun soup!! At that moment, I felt as if God had gave me his blessing! He said: "Thanks God!!" (or Whoever out there)

After lunch, my eyes were complaining for some rest. "They" even took some drastic actions such as trying to close shop during lecture!! I told them that they will have the chance later. "But for now", I plead, "please don't do this to me..." Luckily, they were quite understanding and stayed open for the rest of the lecture.

(I will now refer "them" as my eyes)

*Lecture ended*

Of course, I don't make empty promises. I set out to find a strategic place to rest. What do I mean by strategic? Other than being away from people, it had to be near a toilet as you could leak anytime. Furthermore, it had to be near my next lab session so I could maximise resting time and not be late for lab.

Sounds complicated? Not really...

Sleeping place
The lab was just above where I slept.

I wanted to make sure that your saliva wouldn't leak out when I napped so I took out a piece of tissue paper from my stash and stuffed it into both your nostrils.

To my surprise, you soaked the whole tissue with your saliva within 10minutes!! I had no choice but to change the tissue every 10minutes. On the other hand, the location was so strategic that I could visit the toilet and fill my bottle before arriving at the lab.

As the lab session commences, while everyone was quietly doing the diagnostics test, you just couldn't resist breaking the silence, can you?? You had to leak and cough during the pin-drop silence, huh?! If I had a replacement, I would've thrown you away ages ago!! Unfortunately, I don't. So I'll have to bear all these torments that you present to me.

*after lab ended and reached home*

Because of you, my body was weak and vulnerable. Therefore, I couldn't attend the musical that my mum had planned weeks ago. As a result, she throws all her nagging, complaining and not forgetting, scolding at me. Furthermore, it happened to be quite a spectacular musical from what I've heard.

After they had left the house, I found a cozy spot on the sofa and slept. After I woke up, it was only 8pm. So I watched the cantonese drama which my sister had recorded preciously.

Eventually, I came across a few touching scenes. Remember them? (my eyes) Their shop suddenly flooded and leaked all over my face!! Ever heard of 'monkey see, monkey do'? You saw them leaking and you started leaking yourself!!

Grr... I really couldn't bear you anymore!! I didn't want to do this, but I have no choice.

I searched high and low, up and down, inside and even outside!! Yet, I couldn't find "it". With "it", I can put an end to you and your miserable marathon!!

When my family came back at around 12am, my father pointed out the location of "it". I quickly grabbed "it" and used "it" immediately!!

Finally, I felt as if a heavy rain had stopped and the sun had come out marking the start of a new, healthy day!! =D



I know you've been wondering... What is "it"?

"It" is a pill that says 'The finish line'.

In case anyone was wondering, it is called Clarityne.