Monday, March 3, 2008

Its like chicken pox!

Do you still remember the first and last time you had chicken pox?
Well I was so little that time that I don't remember =/

But the thing is, chicken pox only comes once in a lifetime. So you better hope you had them when you were little coz it sucks to have chicken pox now or when you're older. However, once you've had chicken pox before, you won't get it again for this lifetime.

On the other hand, I would consider this event similar to chicken pox!
If it hits you early, it won't happen ever again in the future.
But what is it?

Road accidents!

Yes, if you're thinking I had a road accident, you're right! =)

It was after tiring day of fun and leisure at the Orientation Bash held in Monash University and continued at Sunway Lagoon. After dinner at Sunway Pyramid, I was on my way to One Utama to fetch Ken Chong and Chung Kent to my house.

Just like every Saturday night, the traffic conditions towards One Utama from the LDP is always congested. Consequently, I got caught in the jam too. While moving at a snail's pace towards OU, I felt a little thirsty. While my car was still moving, I just took my eye off the road for one second to get water and BANG! BIG mistake!!

My car My mum's car just hit a Myvi from the rear!!

The fella came out of his car and... No, he didn't scold/curse/kick me. Instead, he asked me to stop on the left side of the road. When both cars were there, though still on the highway, he came out to check the damage. I did the same.

It turns out that my mum's car was more damaged compared to his!!

On his car, from what I can see, There were small dents on the bumper and a small bent on the boot.

On the other hand, my mum's car's right headlight was broken, the bumper completely dented inwards and the hood was bent upwards as well.

After a more thorough speculation and estimation by the Perodua representative, my car's repairs would cost doubled of his! In the end, my father came and agreed to pay for all his repairs without lodging a police report. The police would only make things more troublesome. Luckily, he also wanted to make things simple and go on with his life.

During my Form 5 years, I've heard numerous stories of friends having accidents during their probationary driving period. Yet, they never seem to get anymore after they've gotten their competent driver's license. That is why I relate this event to chicken pox.

After this accident during my probationary period, I hope that accidents would stay far, far away from me once I pass my competent license. =D