Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Learning to live is living to learn.

All living creatures were born with a survival instinct and humans are no different. Ever since we were born, we were taught by our parents how to stay alive.

So we've learnt how to live. But what is our purpose of living? To me, it is to learn.

And so, my journey of self-discovery continues with my latest mission:

*Drumrolls*

To learn Japanese!!

Many of you would wonder, why on earth would I take, of all languages, Japanese?!

Well, through all these years of reading and watching japanese anime/manga, I've taken interest to knowing what I was hearing or listening rather than just looking at the pictures or reading the subtitles.

Not just that, but one of the Japanese writing system, kanji, actually originated from China's han writing. That's why its easier for me to learn because some characters look and mean the same.

ICLS Map

I've registered myself at the ICLS Damansara School yesterday (Monday) and at that time, it was about to rain when I left my house. I cycled as fast as my bicycle could take me, but at some point, I had to carry my bicycle to cross the pedestrian bridge. (to and fro!!)

After registering, it started to drizzle!! So I pushed my "adrenaline button" for turbo mode and reached home just in the nick of time!!

ICLS Logo

Boy, wasn't that a tiring day?

So that was why I slept in 2 out of 3 of my morning lectures today. =p