Monday, July 21, 2008

Another genting trip

Last Saturday, Qi Liang, Boon, Liang Shen, Heng Soon, Chee Keong and myself went to Genting Highlands for a 1-day trip.

The ticket was RM50 for a 2-way trip and the theme park ticket. Quite reasonable if you ask me...

We were supposed to meet at 7.40am at 1 Utama bus station. I arrived at around 7.25am. We then took the 8am bus up to Genting. Ah, finally I could get some sleep on the bus =)

The night before was so tiring cos I went for futsal. I even slept late cos I was playing CoD4 =p

But I couldn't really sleep, my ears kept popping and it was freaking annoying until it kept me awake the whole way!! Argh!!

As usual, the cable car was next. No way I could sleep here either... On the way, they announced that the cable car was to undergo maintainence in a few days time. So they were talking about the cable being at its limit and could break anytime!! OMG... *touches wood*

Fortunately for us, that didn't come true after all... Hahaha...

Since most of us are not frequent visitors of Genting, we got kinda lost while finding our way to the theme park. Despite the blind leading the blind, we managed to get our asses to the theme park.

Little did we knew, that the theme park was totally covered by the mist. So that means, for safety reasons, most of the fun rides were closed!! =(

That includes the Corkscrew, Go-Kart, Flying-Coaster, Pirate ship, even the kiddies ride such as the merry-go-round was closed!! Wtf...

So we lingered around looking for those which were open despite the 10m visibility. Serious!! No joke man!! Qi Liang took a hike up front and he disappeared into the mist...

The only fun ride that was open was the Space-Shot, a.k.a. Solero-Shot. Qi Liang and I queued for approximately 20minutes, then we got onto the ride. The thing is, it was so misty that once I was halfway up, I could see absolutely nothing!! So I don't know how high I was or how far I'm gonna drop which sucked out all the fun.

Since there were so little rides outdoors, we settled for the indoor ones such as Bumper-car, the slow boat ride, the indoor coaster, the 4D movie, and walked around hoping that the mist would lift soon.

By 11.30, we wanted to head outdoors but the mist was still too thick. So we decided to eat our lunch early. Heng Soon said the "Hou Mei" in KL was pretty famous, so we ate at the "Hou Mei" in Genting.

Trust me, eventhough the names are the same, but the differences are huge!!! After we ordered our food, they suddenly gave us the bill and asked for us to pay first. Initially, none of us knew why they did that. But the reason wasn't too hard to figure out later.

Our food took 45 freaking minutes to arrive!! And the customers who came later than us were getting their food served almost immediately!! Liang Shen, who was pissed eventhough his food was already served, scolded the waitress several times before Qi Liang and my food came.

Liang Shen insisted that it was our rights as a consumer but others thought that he should've exercised it with less aggression. I admit, I was pissed too. But seeing Liang Shen and his actions, I felt kinda bad if I actually did it myself also.

Their tactic: Make you pay for your food before it arrives so even if you left before your food arrives, they would suffer no loss.

This is my warning to all who eats in Genting:
Don't eat in Hou Mei!!
Don't eat in Hou Mei!!
Don't eat in Hou Mei!!
Don't eat in Hou Mei!!


I think you should get the message...

Where was I again? Oh ya, after lunch, the the mist remains thicker than ever!! So we went for the Dragon ride, another kiddies ride. While loitering around, the sun came out!! We immediately head to the nearest ride, the Fun-Kart!! =D

Driving the go-kart was relatively easy, since most of them did not travel faster than 15km/h. Except mine that is... =D

My kart was the fastest go-kart in the track. Lucky me =)
I easily overlapped the last person 3 times in 7-8minutes!! xD

Then, we headed to the corkscrew. By then, the queue was so long, we waited for 30minutes before getting our turn. I don't know why, but eventhough the ride takes you upside-down twice, I didn't feel that adrenaline-rush I was supposed to. =p

I was telling Qi Liang how exciting the Flying-Coaster is, so he decided to give it a try despite the RM10 fee. I remember paying RM10 for 3 rides when I came with the Samad gang. This time, it's RM10 for 1 ride!! OMG... 3 times price increase... Qi Liang was also saying that it was fun, but not worth RM10 for a single ride...

Then, all of us met up at for our last ride, bumper-boat. Each session was 10minutes so we waited for about almost an hour before it was our turn. By the time we finished, it was already 5.45pm. We were supposed to board the cable car at 6pm.

Remember I was saying we had trouble getting to the theme park?
Well, deja vu... We took a while to figure out how to get back to the cable car too =p

Chung Kent wanted to watch "The Dark Knight" right after I reach 1 Utama, but later said that he could not get tickets. In my mind, I was like "duh... it was a Saturday night..." It would've been a miracle if he could get tickets, which I don't mind either. =p

Since there was no movie, I took the bus home and 'slept like a pig', like how Kee Peng likes to say it.

That's all for now. Enjoy! =D