Thursday, July 24, 2008

Futsal

Ok I finally found the time to write this =)

Futsal is my favourite game la. It's unlike soccer or football where the field is so big, that just running across the field would drain all the energy out of me.

That's not all, even the goal post in a futsal court is smaller and therefore makes it easier for goalkeepers like myself to save the ball without actually diving for it. Especially when the court has no artificial grass and a dive could cost you a limb.

But since futsal courts are smaller, the players are more prone to injuries due to accidents. Let me give you a picture of how often injuries occur here.

For every game, at least 2 players will get bruises, at least 1 person will bleed, at least 1 person will get a cram (or almost a cram) and for every 2-3 games, there will be a serious injury such as twisted or sprained ankles that would require weeks or months to heal.

As for myself, I've injured my right ankle countless times and the 'tit da' doctor would always say: "futsal again?" Hahaha...

But my ankle is nothing compared to my left hand. Last year, 2007, when I was having my STPM, I injured my left hand in a futsal game while goalkeeping. The shot was so unexpected that I didn't put any force on my hand to stop the ball, and so it got folded backwards. Even until today, my left hand would hurt if I even carried something with it. But I'm all to used to the pain already...

Only recently, which was last week's Wednesday, I played futsal together with Lit Rong. It was in that very game that he injured his ankle. Luckily it was his left ankle so he could still drive.

But from the next day onwards for a week or so, he had to walk with the aid of crutches. And in the same week, on Friday, Kee Peng also injured his leg in a futsal game!! Just a few weeks back, he injured the same leg and it was healing. Now that he's injured it again, it would take ages to heal!!

The adults on the field volunteered to send him to the nearest hospital, but he refused. He even continued to drive with his right leg injured. FYI, he drives a manual car. And on that same night, he wanted ease the pain by going to a cyber cafe. LOL =p

But thank god, his girlfriend arrived and insisted that he visit a doctor. Eventhough he was reluctant, but I guess even he couldn't go against his lover. =)

Below are the pictures from a futsal competition that I joined with Zhu-En, my uni friend. It was a already a few months back. That's because I was lazy =p



We started with off with an ice-breaking game =)
Photobucket



And here comes our first match =D
Photobucket



Remember what I said about injuries?
Photobucket



Poor guy, he was our best striker...
Photobucket



Even so, he continued to play after having his hand wrapped up =p
Photobucket



And we won our first match!! =D
These were the 2 girls in my team that was compulsory for each team.
Btw, if the girls score = 2 goals, guys score = 1 goal... xD
Photobucket



From left: Me, Zhu-En, Younes
Younes is also a very good striker. =)
Photobucket



"Oh so we'll be up against them next"
Photobucket



He fell and got injured again... OMG!!
Photobucket



But he's still standing and playing strong on the field.
I really respect him for his spirit. =)
Photobucket



Defense! =D
Photobucket



I think this was the penalty shot. =)
Btw, we won that match =D
Photobucket



Behold, man of the match =D
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



The person who brought me here and lent me his shoes, Zhu-En and his girlfriend, Badrinna =p
Photobucket



Our star player, he's not giving up that easily =)
Photobucket



My uni-mates, Younes and Zhu-En =)
Photobucket



Aww, the nurse said he must rest and forbade him from playing =(
Photobucket



Attack!! =D
Photobucket



Nice shot from both Younes and the photographer, Seng Chye =D
Photobucket



Ok this is gonna be a goal... =D
Photobucket



GOALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!
Photobucket



Yet another penalty shootout. =p
Photobucket



Here come's the ball!! =O
Photobucket



OMG I missed... =S
Photobucket



Nevertheless, it was a good game. Although we didn't get into the finals, but we won the last match and got 3rd!! =D
Photobucket

Credits for the photos: www.sengchye.com

Hope you all enjoyed reading this. =D