Tuesday, July 29, 2008

近睡者静, 近赌者闹

My first title in Mandarin!! =D

Ok la, I know there're lots of bananas reading my blog (you know who you are) so I'll explain briefly.

The first 4 words basically means the ones who sleep are quiet.

The last 4 words means the ones who gamble are noisy. =p



It all started on Monday, right after I sent my brother to tuition, I was about to eat my dinner when Kee Peng messaged me asking if I wanna go to the pasar malam (night market) in SS2 to eat.

But there was a reason behind that message. I only found out after I called him. Guess what? They needed transport to get there... -.-

They = Kee Peng and Chung Kent

They also asked me to bring Satchid along.



And so we went, looking for the best stuff there to fill up our stomach. Except Satchid who just had his dinner. On the other hand, Kee Peng was hunting for some nice durians even before we ate anything.

We insisted that we fill our stomach with something decent before having durian. So we headed to the famous Asam Laksa stall to eat.

There were so good in fact, that their special noodles ran out, and only beehun and the yellow noodles were left. Chung Kent and I ordered beehun while Kee Peng wanted a mix of both.

While eating, I just remembered that I have to fetch my brother from tuition at 9.30pm!! And it was already 9.25pm... So I quickly gobbled down the asam laksa and rushed to fetch him.

I tried to take him to the pasar malam instead of back home since it would save me lots of time, but he refused. What to do? I dropped him in front of the house and yet again, rushed to SS2. =(

Kee Peng was saying how lucky he was in getting parking spaces all the time. And even said "Aiyah, Sze Wei drive ah? Sure no parking wan..."

Who knew? When I reached SS2, a parking space presented itself just as I was trying to find one!! Haha!! =D



They said they found an all-you-can-eat durian stall for only RM10!! I didn't really believe it until I actually saw it. No joke! RM10 per person = unlimited durian!!

At first, we all thought we hit the jackpot, but it was the exact opposite!! The first 2 durians they served us were decent, but the next few was rubbish!! Chung Kent even said "10 bucks to torture ourselves!! Ahhhhhh!!!"

But Kee Peng the smartass said "C'mon la, we have to eat more to get back our 10 bucks!! Come Chung Kent! I challenge you, see who can eat more!!"

In the end, guess how many durians the 4 of us ate??

I estimated around...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
***16!***



I'm serious!! We filled 1 basket full with durian shells when we were done!! No shit!!

I felt like I just swallowed a rock!! My stomach was so bloated that I had suppress it from vomiting. Too bad for Chung Kent, cos he vomited after eating so many...




After our torture durian session, they wanted to try out the new karaoke my father bought. So I sent them to my house.

I had expected my siblings to be sleeping by 11pm but they were still watching the TV when we reached my house. By that time, everyone felt their body was flaming hot!! So I quickly gave them some ice water to cool down.

I wasn't feeling that good myself either. If they had not told me, I wouldn't have noticed that my whole face had turned apple red!! But who wouldn't feel the heat after eating that much durian!!




Since my siblings were still watching TV, I can't set up the karaoke. So I took out a deck of cards and we played a match of "chor dai di" (Big 2).

After only 1 match, we started playing poker!! Texas style... =O

I took out the chips used for mahjong for betting. I wanted to make things interesting by multiplying every value on the chips by 1000, since the minimum was 5, that would make it 5000. But they just couldn't resist gambling with real money!!

So we agreed that the value on the chips are in cents.
E.g. 5 = RM0.05, 500 = RM5.00

Everyone had around 10 bucks to begin with. But we were so noisy, that my sister came out of her room and shouted at us!! Which explains the title of this post =)




Kee Peng was the one who set the time limit to 12 o' clock. Yet, he was also the one who kept saying "Last 2 rounds / last round / semi-final / final"

And the real "last round" didn't came until 1am+ cos he was losing and wanted to win it back. I was losing too, so I didn't really mind continuing. But the worst part was that I have to fetch them back. So delaying the game would only cost me my sleep.

After winning back some, they ended the game. I won around 2 bucks =) Chung Kent was the one who suffered the biggest loss, since after he lost his 10 bucks, he continued playing by borrowing 5 bucks each from me and Satchid. But at least, he won back a little, or else he could've lost 20 bucks!!




Oh well, after I sent them back, right before I wanted to bath, my whole body starting sweating like hell!! I swore my sweat could've easily filled up a few cups full!!

Sleeping with a rock in your stomach ain't as easy either. I think my situation was similar to a pregnant lady. I had a large stomach with something heavy inside, and I felt like vomiting.

However, in the morning, I don't know how but all of the durian was gone!! My body was back to normal!! Or so I thought...

Don't tell anyone, k? Coz today, when I was in uni, I released a lot of silent gases, and they all smelled like.... DURIAN!! xD

Even my pee had a strong scent of durian... Paiseh... =p

It will take some time for my body to regulate back to normal.

But for now, DON'T EVER MENTION THE WORD "DURIAN" IN FRONT OF ME FOR ANOTHER MONTH!!

I've never done something so crazy in my life...

AND

I've never felt to sick of durian in my life also...
I used to be able to eat durian everyday for a month.

Enjoy!! =D