Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My first Bon Odori

I first heard about Bon Odori last year from a friend, but didn't manage to go...

This time, I went with a bunch of my friends =)

According to my japanese teacher, our ancestors who lives 'up there' felt bored. So they chose this day every year to come down from the heavens to have fun!! =D

It started at Qi Liang's house. Chee Keong and me went to his house to meet up, then drive there in one car.



Just look how excited Qi Liang is!! =D
Photobucket



Me and Yi Ching, Qi's neighbour. =)
Photobucket




Later on, we met up in Heng Soon's house...


The route was not that complicated, but they made it seem that way =p
Photobucket



Then we went to Charles' house coz his friends are meeting there.
Why are we waiting~~~
Photobucket



Apparently, I know those those people!!
Guo Zhang, Kok Hui and Shon! =D
Photobucket
Btw, walking backwards is not against the law =)



Discussing the routes again...
Photobucket



Guo Zhang and his baby =)
Photobucket



Oh why so shy...
Photobucket
(Shon and Kok Hui)



Aww man, Heng is just too shy...
Photobucket



Hawt~~
Photobucket



Group pic =)
Photobucket



Oh no, wrong timing...
Photobucket



Me, Heng, Yi Ching, Boon
Photobucket



Finally, we get to sit down and enjoy the food =)
Photobucket



What's a Japanese festival without Kinomo's? =D
Photobucket



Ugh, look at all the people behind...
Photobucket



Erm, what pose was this called again? =p
Photobucket



Keong and Qi xD
Photobucket



I hate them jokers...
Photobucket



Not again... =X
Photobucket



Ok they failed this time, but I wasn't ready =(
Photobucket



IMO, best pic of the night =D
Photobucket



I cover his face, you cover my face =D
Photobucket



At mamak after Bon Odori =p
Photobucket



Kok Joo joined us for mamak =)
Photobucket



Gorilla xD
(internal joke)
Photobucket



Oops, I think he heard that... xD
Photobucket



One last pic before we ciao...
Photobucket


This was supposed to be up yesterday, but Streamyx decided to shut down for the night so I couldn't get it up...

Anyways, enjoy!! =D