Sunday, May 18, 2008

Forgetfulness...

For old people, it's called the Alzheimer's Disease.

For me, I don't know what to call it. "Mr. Forgetful" perhaps?

I forget so many things a day that I forgot how many it was!! Get it? xD

E.g. 1:
*While doing maths*
Me: Hey has anyone seen my mechanic pencil?
Person A: Is it the one you're holding?
Me: *face turns red* Oh yeah...

Small little things that I forget daily :
1) Sometimes I brush my teeth when I'm supposed to wash my face.
2) Eat lunch
3) Where my water bottle is
4) Where I put my keys
5) Where I left my bag in uni

Okay here's the irony, I forgot what I wanted to write in that list. So, if anyone would like to add anything, put it in the comments in this post k? =p

Sometimes I remember to do what I've previously forgotten, sometimes I don't.

Here's one picture I forgot to post in one of my posts :


Photobucket
This is the gaming mouse I'm currently using.
Its the cheapest Razer mouse!! xD


Forgetfulness is really not fun. I often forget what my parents had asked me to do. Sometimes even forgetting things that I want to do.

E.g.
1) I wanted to attend the UNIX Group training but forgot about it when it came 2 weeks later.
2) My father asked me to defrag his comp weeks ago and I only did it today.
3) I forgot what I wanted as my birthday gift.
4) I forgot what I wanted to write here... T_T

See what I mean?

Anyways lets forget about the forgetfulness =p

Here's some pics of my fluid lab session:

Fluid lab
I was measuring the water flow that time. But I duno how my friend managed to take this shot. And I forgot what I was trying to say/do at that moment. =p


fluid lab
Mopping the floor after my group accidentally pumped the water too fast and sprayed at least 5people including me... xD


Dynamics overview
Here's my dynamics project!! Or at least how it was until we decided to re-do the whole thing. =D


And here's how it moved :

That's my group-mate in the video, Zhu-En.

*************************************************

Last Friday, Zhu-En invited me to join his futsal team to compete in a futsal tournament held at his church, Glad Tidings. I was enthusiastic about joining the tournament but I couldn't make it for the training.

Photobucket

However, I still followed him to the tourney that day. It started off with an introduction of the event and the rules.

Photobucket

Apparently, every team needs to have 2 girls on the field at all times. And the goalkeeper cannot be a girl, for obvious reasons. I was the goalkeeper for our team.

Here's something interesting too :
Guy scores = 1 goal
Girl scores = 2 goals

So basically we just put our girls near the goal hoping the ball would at least touch their leg before entering the goal. Most of the girls there, I can say, have not played futsal before. That includes the 2 girls from my team.

Girl 1 : I watch a lot of football but I don't play.
Girl 2 : I haven't played football in my life before.

See what I mean? Since the other teams have 2 girls too, I asked the girls in my team to mark them. So when tackling is involved, girl vs girl ain't gonna be that bad right?

Some teams really put their girls to good use. One time, there was a free kick and the opponent put one of their girls right in front of me. When the ball came, she dodged!! OMG...

Luckily, the ball hit my chest and I immediately caught it after it bounced off. Quite a creative tactic I would say.

But don't look down on the girls. A few of them can really play, and even out-perform the guys. There was 1 team where both girls were really good in football. They were placed up-front to score goals and 1 of them actually did.

Unfortunately, their defense wasn't strong enough and they conceded more goals than they could score. That was really sad, cos I really wanted to go up against them.

I bet you're bored right about now... So lets cut the crap and get to the point.

The tournament was based on elimination. That means if you're defeated, you won't get to play again. Since there were 18 teams, they couldn't split the ladder equally so they created blanks that represent wildcards. They will give a second chance to the "Best Loser" to play again.

My team won 3 matches and climbed up to the semi-finals. That's when we met our match. The team that we were up against, Up Tempo, scored a 10-0 win in their first match. Their players are extremely fast and skilled. Although their girls aren't as good as the afore-mentioned, but they can score if given the chance.

Photobucket

During the 10-minute match, both teams scored 2 goals each. So it had to be decided with a penalty kick.

After 3 shots, the referee announced that my team had won 2-1 in the penalty. Later on, I don't really know the details, but they said it was 1-1 and we had 1 last penalty. They shot first.

Photobucket

In the end, we lost. They scored the last penalty and blocked our shot. During that last penalty, I knew where the ball was going and 'almost' caught it. It was because of that 'almost' that we lost. The ball went right in-between my hands as I was about to catch it.

However, I had no regrets. I made a few new friends and I played like I never did. We went on to win the last match (for 3rd placing) and became the 2nd runner up in the tournament.

Here's the prize :

Photobucket

Photobucket

And that's about it!! Enjoy!! =D