Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hitman finally hits my house!!

Why hitman?
Because he's a man that hit's people/stuff. =p

Why finally?
Cos there were a few incidents where cars drove too fast and skidded upon turning in front of my house.

----------------------------------------------------

How it started:

Saturday night was a good night to sleep late cos if you're not going to church or temple, Sunday morning is also the best morning to wake up late too! =p

So as usual, I slept at around 2am and woke up at around 10am. I came downstairs and continued to sleep on the sofa. Hehe, that's just the lazy-Sunday-morning me. =)

I saw my gate on the ground and a stranger was standing near it. So I thought my mum had called the gate company to do some fixes. (I was half-conscious =p)

But when I finally woke up, I saw the bigger picture!!

Photobucket


My mum said that a car had crashed into my house at 4am!! She even said "Didn't you hear anything??" Well, my room is located nearer to the back of my house and my parents room was in front. Albeit they could hear a louder "BANG!!" than me, but maybe I was just too sound asleep. =p

The driver was just a mere college boy who got his license earlier this year. He was hungry and drove the car to Devi's Corner. He intended to sneak out and return home quickly without his father or elder brother's knowledge. So he must've drove pretty fast. He claimed that he wanted to step on the brakes but hit the accelerator instead.

Well I tend to see it differently. I say that he wanted to rush home so he didn't even slow down at the bump but instead continued accelerating. But he didn't foresee the turn in front of my house and BANG!!

Photobucket
As you can see, my front gate is completely destroyed. My father's Mercedes, originally parked in parallel with my mum's Honda, was dragged all the way until it hit the wall and my front door.


Photobucket
Front of the car


Photobucket
My front door


Photobucket
The back of the car was smashed against the wall.


Photobucket
A closer look at the damage.


Photobucket
When the Mercedes was pulled out, the back was almost completely gone.


Photobucket
But his Waja wasn't any better either.


After the accident, people started arriving. There were workers from car workshops, neighbours, policeman, you get the idea. According to my mum, the policeman accused the boy for drunk-driving.

When the boy denied it, the policeman gave him 2 options:
1) Follow him back to the station to test for alchohol
2) Pay him RM200 on the spot

Obviously, he rejected both. The policeman was thinking that my mum would be angry cos the boy crashed our house. So he tried to make my mum say that he was drunk. But little did he knew that my mum hated the policeman even more for attempting to collect bribe.

Even after my mum said that he wasn't drunk, the policeman refused to leave. He was also holding on to the boy's IC and driver's license. (trying to force the bribe)

All I wanna say is FUCK YOU!! We already paid you!!(taxes) What more do you want?!


On the other hand, the neighbours weren't just standing around.
Photobucket
The neighbours were a big help.


Photobucket
The wall that took the impact broke taking a pillar with it.


Photobucket
My neighbour wasn't too happy about the wall either.


Photobucket
After the cars were towed away, it left my house gate-less.


Photobucket
What a nice view huh? NOT!!


Photobucket
See how strategic my house is? It's located right at the point where cars have to turn. And to make it worse, it's actually a big U-turn.

All I can say is, this ain't the first time that a car had hit my house. Just that during the last crash, it crashed into the cherry tree that used to be in front of my house. And there weren't any bumps to slow the cars down. It was more than 10 years ago though.

Using that accident, my mum appealed to the city council and they built the bumps. But the last bump before reaching my house is no longer as "tall" if you get what I mean. That means that cars need not slow down when encountering that bump.

So my mum is gonna make another appeal and hopefully the city council would at least improve the conditions, even if just a little.

For now, I just hope that the bicycles in front of my house don't get stolen!! xD