Friday, May 9, 2008

To love or not to love

Recently in my uni, many couples pop up like mushrooms after a rain. Its like, I know they're friends, and the next day they're couples already.

I myself, wish to have someone to love and be loved. I've tried to love, but I realise that I couldn't love unconditionally. I couldn't give that kind of commitment to a relationship.

I've experienced being liked by a girl, as well as liking a girl. But if I could not maintain the relationship, why start at all? It would just hurt the girl as well as myself. If I were to start a relationship, I'd rather prefer to let it start naturally. That way, I believe, is much closer to true love and a lasting relationship.

I'm the type of person who is into a long-term relationship. I would prefer my first love to also be the only love in my life. I'm not the type who likes to "surf around" if you get what I mean.

Don't be mistaken, I still do believe in love at first sight. But just maybe, mine has not arrived yet. She IS out there. I just have to find her.

From what I observe, most of my friends "do" something to contribute to the relationship. E.g. watch movies, eat out, go for concerts, go shopping, buy presents. To me, a relationship is just as simple as someone to talk to.

Your partner is someone who understands you the best and is willing to share your joy as well as misery. I can be just as happy eating maggi mee and watching pirated DVD's at home as going to the cinema, paying for the ticket and eating popcorn. As long as my lover is with me. The point is, money don't always have to be involved.

The truest of love cannot be bought with money, but can only be won over with an equal or greater love. And that's how it is going to be for me.

I would rather wait for my one true love than have a million girlfriends that I do not truly love.

LOVE is a big thing for me. That's why I reserved it for someone special. But when I give it away, I will give it all.