Saturday, January 17, 2009

Do cats really have 9 lives?

Today was a kind of a "special" day for me.


Why? Because I actually woke up and went for football at Belinda this morning.


That was AFTER 2 alarms, 6 snoozes and 5 calls from Yi Qing. =P


I also cycled there instead of drive... (Save the environment!) =D


Managed to score one own goal too! xP


After playing, we normally meet at the restaurant behind SMKDU for breakfast. =P


On my way to the restaurant, I would normally pass by my ex-secondary school, SMKDU on my right. =)


While I was in a good mood, cycling and minding my own business, I saw this cat staring at me. And before I knew it, it was approaching me slowly while I was cycling at medium speed.


This was how it looked like :

Photobucket

The cat even timed its movements so it will collide with my bicycle!! Well actually more like getting squashed by me. =/


I was like: "Wtf? You really think you got nine lives??" @_@


Luckily I braked quick enough for the cat to escape but I can say that if I'd stopped a moment later the cat would literally be dead. =(





Speaking of cats, I wonder why cats need not have a license while for dogs, it's compulsory? =?


We were discussing this over breakfast and came across a few sensitive issues which I'm not going to disclose here. =/


But the main point is, I want to have a pet... As in, a REAL pet!


Not like turtles or hamsters who can't really show affection or emotion in an obvious manner. On top of that, it's not like you can take them out for a walk... =p


Yes, I have tried over the years to own a pet such as a dog by asking it for my birthday but it never works!!


The first reason was that my siblings were sensitive towards fur, my mum called it "weezing".


Then there was the issue of RESPONSIBILITY.


My parents just loved to use big words like this when we wanted something and they won't give it to us. =/


After my siblings were cured, my sister tried asking for a cat on her birthday. I wanted a dog, but if they would allow a cat, I don't mind! =p


Again, we were horribly denied of a pet.


My parents never believed that we could take care of a pet when we couldn't even take care of ourselves.


IMO (In my opinion), if we were never given the chance, how would they know we couldn't??


I really hate those people who think that some things are fixed and wouldn't change no matter what you do.
(Phang Chung Kent that's you!)


At least you tried your best!! Right?


So... recently, about a month ago Qi Liang and his dad picked up a stray kitten and took it to the vet to be vaccinated. They also asked if anyone wanted to have it since they already have a dog and a cat.


I WANTED IT!!!



But I am going to Australia soon then no one would be willing to take care of it when I'm gone...

And even if that wasn't the case,
the answer is still "NO"
.


Sad... but true... =(


I've even talked to some pet owners and one of them, a mum, said that initially only her daughter wanted a dog and she only let her have it if her daughter took full responsibility of the dog's well being.


But after having the dog for a few months, it became no different from family. It was loved by everyone and anyone would be willing to bath it, feed it, take it for a walk, etc.


I really hope that it would happen to me but I don't think it would be anytime soon. =/


Sorry if I bored you with this. =P


That's all and thanks for reading! =)