Monday, January 12, 2009

Good news / Bad news

Hey hey!!


Got a few good news and some bad news. =/


---------------------------------------------


Good News :
Exchange period extended!!
=D

WOOHOO!!! I initially wanted to exchange to Australia for a year but my dad insisted that I go for only the minimum 6-months. =(

But since Australia is now in recession, their currency dropped drastically and he agreed to let me extend my stay in Australia up to a year!! =D

Bad news :
Extra charges apply.
=(

I have to pay ANOTHER $AUD350 (approx. RM900) to apply for a visa to last for the second half of the year. =/

And now that I'm staying for a year, I'm applying for on-campus accommodation and TODAY IS THE LAST DAY!! OMG!!

Then there's the deposit of $AUD350 for processing my application. So I had to withdraw all my money and borrow some from my sister to buy a bank draft to pay for it.

$AUD350 X2 = $AUD700 = RM1800 (approx)

That's an extra $AUD350 compared to if I had applied for a whole year straight away.

The cause is the visa. No matter how long you've applied for, one application = $AUD350. So I paid $AUD350 extra unnecessarily compared to my other friends who applied for a year and only paid $AUD350 ONCE.


---------------------------------------------


Good News :
Free handphone!!
=D


A few days back I asked Min-Yi about the free phones they give in Australia.

Then I checked their website @ Three Australia

Guess what I found?? =O



After changing the cap to $AUD29 per month, I only have to pay another $AUD5/month extra for the free phone! =D

Although they don't have the colour I want (blue) but I guess it's quite worth it.


Bad news :
Two-year contract.
=(

I have to sign a 24-months contract with them for the free handphone.

But if I choose to terminate my line before the deadline, I have to pay $AUD34 per month (29+5) for the rest of the 24-months as compensation. =/

Since I'm going there for around 11 months (Feb-Dec), I have to pay an extra $AUD442 to keep the phone, which is around RM1100, the same price as it is here in Malaysia for the original set as of today.

The only difference is that I'm gonna use the travel grant provided by Monash ($AUD4000) to pay for it. So it's practically free for me!! =D
(Wait, that's the good news, right? =P)


---------------------------------------------


Good News :
Traffic sky-rocketed!!
=D

On usual days, my blog traffic looked like this :



But today,



Haha I know I know... It's not really a big number but it's been a while since my blog had this much traffic. I used to have an average of 20 visits a day, which dropped to 10 when I seldom updated.

Bad news :
Update more often.
=(

I know some might say :
"What?! You call this bad news??"

Well... yeah... xD

Everytime I update I need some inspiration and that doesn't exactly grow on trees!! xP

Then there are those who are lazy to read so they would only browse through if there are pictures. =p

This is why I have come up with some visual aid nice pictures for those who are visually impaired right-brain dominant(art & creativity). xP


---------------------------------------------


So... How did today's inspiration come by? =)

I took my Moral Studies exam today and it sucks. =/

But my inspiration did come from there though...

In one of the questions they asked about Taoism.

In Taoism, there is ying and yang, which is two opposite and equal energies which balance each other.

So for every positive, there must be a negative. =)

That was what inspired today's post. =D



Thanks for reading!! =)


Enjoy!! =D