Thursday, May 7, 2009

Birthday Surprise!

Short Talk: Person A and person B were at the hallway outside my room.
Me: *Burrrrrrrrrrrrrp*
A: Hey B! Did you just burp?!
B: No I didn't...
A: Oh okay, nevermind then.
Lols.




May 4th, Monday
Had a video chat with my family back home till about 12+ midnight.

After that, I was trying very hard to understand BJT's in electronics since I had to do a lab the next day.

In the end, I read the lecture notes until I felt so sleepy that my brain just shut down.

Since I couldn't get anything more into my brain, I may as well sleep early and hope for the best.


May 5th, Tuesday
It was a VERY stressful Tuesday, unlike any other, because I still didn't understand a thing about BJT's or how to make them work. So if this lab blows up in my face, serves me right.

My 1-hour lecture started at 8am and I happily slept through it.

Not because I was sleepy, but because this lecturer is a professional hypnotist who could put practically anyone to sleep when he talks. Wtf right?

I was planning to find a nice spot in the campus centre to sleep then I bumped into Sue Ann and we had a nice chat which kinda woke me up.

After she left, I went to the computer room to run some simulations for my lab. But I had to leave before I could finish to attend my electronics tutorial and hopefully learn something from it.

Even after my lecturer explained it, I still didn't get anything!!
*SUPER FRUSTRATED*

Despite my frustration, it was my birthday and my mum told me to treat myself to a good lunch. But the campus centre ain't exactly a place for good food.

So I bought myself a peri chicken, chicken burger and flat white, all which I always wanted to try.

As I sat down to eat, I imagined my family sitting on the same table eating together. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I suddenly realised how homesick I was since being here 2 months ago.

But I quickly wiped my tears so that I don't attract any unnecessary attention.


But no matter how homesick I felt at that moment, I had to put it all away because I still had simulations to run for my lab within that 1-hour lunch break before the lab begins.

After the lab, I was so thankful that although I didn't complete it, but I didn't fail it either although I expected the latter. But that still doesn't change the fact that I know so little about BJT's. *Study!*

Lab ended at 5pm, I reached home at 6pm and Boon came by at 6.30pm. He wanted to call a few friends to eat at Nando's in celebration of my birthday.

He came, used my laptop to download stuff, then we quickly rushed to Nando's.



Little did I know...






They were waiting!!



So when I walked by and saw a big bunch of ppl, I was stunned.

My focus was entirely on the birthday cake, trying to savor the moment.




But Boon seized the opportunity and...

took his first shot!!





Yes, that was only the first!!

There were more!! (including BBQ sauce)




I was standing there in awe while they sang me a birthday song.

It was something that I will never forget...



It was really really REALLY nice of them to do this for me.

I was touched because no one ever took so much effort to surprise me on my birthday!!

In fact, I never had a surprise party before and was wishing someone would do it for me one day.

As always, I was my birthday wish was the same every single year.


And I would like to thank everyone who made it this happen:
Chieh Ai, Benjamin, Veekay, YiJun, Edmund, Kane (who came later), Danny (Farrer Hall-mate) and especially the mastermind behind the whole thing, Lip Boon!!

(sorry if I left anyone out)

I really appreciate it guys,

THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!! =D


Enjoy!! =D