Monday, May 25, 2009

Rain + windy + sleepy

Short Talk: As usual, I was supposed to watch a few recorded lectures but ended up watching my cantonese drama. But thank god the drama has reached its end.



Today's weather was not really cold, but more of cloudy and windy.

I pushed myself to wake up for the 9am lecture which I slept through the past week. Met Jack in the kitchen and he was also going for a 9am lecture but for him, there was a test so he must attend it. =/

As usual, I went to the bicycle shed to look for a bicycle that I could cycle to uni. Nowadays when I see a bicycle, I would squeeze both its tires to check for air, test both its brakes and also turn a pedal a few rounds just to make sure everything was working.

After all, Darrel, a friend of mine, was thrown off his bike while he trying to slow down on a slope. The reason? The rear brakes wasn't functioning and in the end he injured himself so badly that he needed an X-ray at the Monash Medical Centre near Clayton.

Of course, when we can't learn from our own mistakes, we learn from others' mistakes. So recently, I tend to carry along my helmet when I leave my room. And even if I couldn't find a functioning bike, I'll still carry it to uni since I was lazy to go back up and most of the time, I'm already late.

Today, I was lucky to find one that was working. But the seat was extremely loose. I couldn't even rest my butt on it because it would slide down easily. That's why I carry a spanner and a few allen-keys in my bag. So I could tighten up a few loose nuts and bolts. =P

Normally I would wear my gloves while cycling but today's weather was moderate, without those chilly winds that go into your bones. =)

I reached the lecture hall earlier than usual today, so I decided to take a short nap before the lecturer arrived. I thought that I would wake up by the time he came, but when I opened my eyes he had already started teaching!! OMG I accidentally went into deep sleep. =/

But like it or not, I could never keep myself awake for the entire 1 hour lecture, ever! My friend even said that I fell asleep so fast and I agree. I won't even know when my eyelids failed me followed by my ears then my brain. It's like they would say "F*ck it, we're going to sleep".

So, after my 1-hour nap lecture, I went to the campus centre to see if I could get some work done. I saw the election booths and tried to avoid it by walking faster but was soon sighted and approached by the campaigners. "Blah blah blah, vote for him, vote for her, blah blah blah"

Ok fine, I'll vote for whoever, just let me go already. =(

Deja vu, my name is not on the list, AGAIN! This time the guy at the booth gave me a form to register as a voter so I could vote. Since he went through all that trouble for me, I may as well vote. Unlike the last time when I just walked away without giving a damn.

Since there was a 3-hour break, I tried to see the doctor at the campus clinic as a drop-in but was asked to come back an hour later. Then I went to the electronics tutorial although I was allocated in Tuesday's class just to pass the time.

After the tute, I head back to the clinic at 12pm, and was told to sit and wait, for 1 hour! My next class was at 1pm and it was supposed to be my lunch break. But what to do, if they call my name and I'm not there, I won't be able to make another appointment. As usual, I couldn't keep myself from sleeping in that boring situation. *ZzZzZz*

I think you should feel bored about now, its alright to stop reading from here onwards. =p

The doctor said that there was some tube connecting my ears and my nose which was stuck, causing my ears to excrete some fluids which explain why I always hear an echo in my right ear. Surprisingly, he said my left ear was worst than my right. o.O

Was prescribed some nasal spray but didn't feel like buying it coz this month's budget was blown, AGAIN! And plus last month's overbudget, I won't be able to afford a holiday during winter. =(

So I finally typed out and sent my resume and cover letter. I found this job as a tutor for Maths and English at Glen Waverley weeks ago but was procrastinating. I hope I could get this job, since I couldn't find a better, nearer, fun-er job. =/

Exams are coming and I'm looking for a job wtf.

After lecture at 5pm, I chose walking over cycling so I could enjoy the windy evening and listen to my favourite songs from my iPod.

I have lots of work to do, but I don't know why I still feel alright not doing them, and blogging without guilt. I know I have to change this somehow. One way is to push myself. And sometimes when I don't push hard enough, the devil takes over and I'm a goner.

So far so good. I managed to push myself to wake up in the morning and I finished the simulations for my electronics project! Woohoo!! But I wonder if it works in reality though. =/


This was a week's worth of work plus extra guidance from my beloved tutor, Joshua Khoo, who is also my cell-mate at OCF, which explains how I took the advantage to ask him tons of stuff during a recent gathering at his house. =p


Off to dinner now...



Enjoy!! =D