Monday, April 20, 2009

Graduation (Friends Forever)

Short Talk: I was walking home from campus, and my iPod randomly played this song. So I got that 'weird feeling' again...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come Whatever
We will still be
Friends Forever
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I remember singing this song when I was Form 3 during Scout camp. Back then, the chorus really touched my heart from the inside...


Now, I always get a 'weird feeling' whenever I hear this song. Perhaps that was how I felt being with my friends back then.


We were all very close, like a family. Back then, every Saturday morning, I would always choose to attend my Scout meetings over going to the market with my mum.


I know some of you might go like

'Wtf?

Marching under the hot sun,
push-ups on the hot tar pavement,
hard work,
scoldings and punishments

OVER

shopping and breakfast with your mum?!'


Somehow my friends made me feel more family-ish when I was with them. And it doesn't matter what we were doing, even if it was punishment, as long as we were doing it together.


Another thing was, no matter who made a mistake, as long as someone did, the whole patrol/troop was punished. It was to teach us to look out for each other, to remind each other not to make mistakes. That also symbolized our Scouting Spirit of Togetherness.




That was the Scouting Spirit instilled in me up till today :


Live together, die together.


That's how we roll...