Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New laptop... Wee~~

My new laptop finally arrived yesterday.


Dell actually called me to make sure I was at home from 2pm to 5pm so they could deliver my laptop. I was available at the mentioned time frame.


That morning, I went to uni to settle some stuff for my extended stay in Australia. Then I would follow my sister whose class finishes at 12pm. So I was planning to wait for the delivery after lunch.


When I reached home, I saw this large brown box which read DELL on its side. I was overwhelmed with joy!! =D


I quickly opened the box and unwrapped its contents and tadaa!! =)

Photobucket
My new laptop!! The Dell Inspiron 1525!! =D


They actually arrived at 11.30am and at the same time, my mum was rushing out. So she received it for me eventhough she was hurrying.


"Under-promise, over-deliver"
That was what my dad had to say about Dell's services.


I actually like and dislike my laptop at the same time.


I like it because it has all the features I need such as a webcam, Microsoft Office 2007, sufficient USB ports, etc.


There are only 2 reasons why I dislike it.

1) I can hardly use it to play DotA. The graphics are really laggy and I kept hitting the windows button which minimized the game while I was playing. What to do... It doesn't have any graphics card... =/

2) I was too greedy and wanted a larger 15.4" monitor. But the larger the monitor, the heavier the laptop as well. So now it's kinda bulky but thank god the cool backpack from Dell made it feel very light.


Oh well, it's only supposed to last me for a year or so for my stay in Australia, according to my dad.

That's the reason why I'm not getting a Dell XPS series. =p