Sunday, February 22, 2009

Orientation Week part 1

On Friday, we had this Fun-Day thing where we all get to play sporting activities or team building activities.


I chose team building activities as I was quite tired from the Monash Dash in the morning.


This was what we did:

Photobucket
Cool eh? =D


Photobucket
I know its a little small, but I was using my cameraphone's panaroma feature. =p


Photobucket
The indoor swimming pool, cheap, but small. =)


On Friday itself, we had a Monash Welcome Dinner for intercampus exchange students. So all of us had to 'dress to impress' so they say. =)


Photobucket
The place that we partied at. =P


Photobucket
Me, Fiona and Eve. =)


Photobucket
Me and Joyce. (She's studying in Gippsland, 3 hours from the city)


Photobucket
Me and Wai Chien. :)


Photobucket
Kinda like my date for the night, Zeming. =P


Photobucket
My cool South African friend, Simba. (from Lion King =p)


Photobucket
The menu for the night. Pretty good food for $35! =D


Photobucket
The atmosphere was really nice! =)


Photobucket
Zeming, Me and Jillian. :)


Photobucket
All of us was entitled to 1 drink so we picked beer! =D


Photobucket
People at my table. =)


Photobucket
Malaysians... =p
From left: Zeming, Jillian, Pei Chin, Wai Chien and me =)


Photobucket
Charlton Draught, quite nice to me. =P


Photobucket
Main dish: Chicken + Sausages


Photobucket
Potato Salad was really nice!! =D


Photobucket
Me and Zeming camwhoring at the mirror upstairs. =p


Photobucket
The view from upstairs. =)


Photobucket
Last minute photo with Jia Yeng. =p


Next day: Saturday

We went shopping at Brandon Park because there was a free shuttle bus directly from Farrer Hall. =D


Photobucket
The people here are more fond of using shopping bags compared to plastic bags. Save the environment! =D


Later that evening, our Halls Orientation started.

This was one of the activities:
Photobucket
In this photo, I was gonna carry her in my arms. =p


Alright!! I'm finally gonna update on my current day!! Yippee! =D

Sunday: Scav-Hunt in the city of Melbourne

Basically they started off with pub crawling.
Photobucket


Photobucket
Me and Kok Wee had nothing to do since we don't really drink in the middle of the day. =p


Photobucket
If a coin gets thrown into your cup, you'd have to finish it all at once!


Photobucket
The name of one of the 4 bars we went to.
(Don't ask me how to pronounce it coz I don't know either =p)


We had to take photos of:
Something embarassing
Something moist
Something Australian
Kissing a stranger
Something awkward
An animal
etc.
(lazy to list everything =p)


Can you guess which photo is this? =)
Photobucket
The girl on the left is my groupmate. =p


Photobucket
Chinatown!! They came here to drink too. =)


Photobucket
It reads: Wing-Chun Kung Fu. I wanna learn!! =P


Photobucket
The drinks were too much for me so I bought a Slurpee instead. =)


A bunch of us didn't drink so we were camwhoring outside. =)
Photobucket

Photobucket
From left: Fiona (with my sunglasses), Kok Wee, Adrian and me! =)


My groupmate climbed all the way up!! Lol... =P
Photobucket

Photobucket
Getting down was the harder part though. =)


The river that runs throught the city. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket
A closer view. =)


Photobucket
Me and Flavio from Portugal. =D


Photobucket
Btw, this was in the list as 'show some skin' and 'something moist'.


We had pizza's in the park near the river. =)
Photobucket
Me and Chun Wei (my primary school classmate =p)


Photobucket
Finally, the whole bunch resting + chatting. =D


Woohooo!! I'm done! Tomoro we'll me having our pajama breakfast (brekky) in the courtyard! Hope to get a few shots. xD


For now, enjoy! =D